Fonds yuk-995 - Yukon Waterway Sites fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Yukon Waterway Sites fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on subject of fonds.

Level of description



Reference code

yuk yuk-995

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


Physical description area

Physical description

1609 photographs : b&w prints;.01 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

No information available. Function: The Yukon Waterways Site study was sponsored by Parks Canada which was studying the Yukon as a heritage site. The riverboats, Dawson City and the Chilkoot Trail were also being assessed. The Yukon Waterways Sites study involved a crew of three men, J. R. Lisoway, J. D. Lisoway and A. Siepman, who photographed sites, cabins and ruins along a portion of the Yukon River. They arrived in Whitehorse on June 8, 1972, arranged for a boat and supplies, and began the study. The crew recorded sites along the Yukon River until September 1, 1972. Drafting was conducted by J. R. Lisoway, J. D. Lisoway, V. Dowie and P. A. Fielding from January to May 1973. They produced as-built structural plans and copies are at Canaadian Heritage - Parks Canada and Yukon Territorial Government Historic Sites.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of 1609 black and white photographs (and some photocopies) from the Yukon Waterways Site study of building ruins and outlines along a portion of the Yukon River. The photographs are arranged according to site and include the following: Upper Laberge, Upper Laberge Indian Village, Lower Laberge, 17 Mile Wood Camp, Hootalinqua, Hootalinqua Shipyard Island, Boyer's Camp, Big Eddy, Big Salmon, cabin (mile 131.5), dredge (mile 135.5), Erickson's Wood Camp, Twin Creek cabin, Little Salmon, Lakeview, Carmacks, Five Finger Coal Mine, Kellyville, Five Finger Rapids, Rink Rapids, Yukon Crossing, Merrice Creek, Minto, Fort Selkirk, Britannia Creek, Ballarat Creek, Coffee Creek, Wood Camp (mile 359), Kirkman Creek, Carlisle Creek, Thistle Creek, Stewart Island, Ogilvie Island, Moosehide and Forty Mile. The textual records consist of a three page introduction to the study which provides a basic timeline of how the recording was conducted, and lists the names of individuals and/or consultants involved with the project.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no donor-imposed restrictions on this material. General copyright or institutional or legal restrictions may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Caption list is available.

Associated materials

Historic Central Records, Canadian Heritage - Parks Canada, Whitehorse, Yukon; Historic Sites, Yukon Territorial Government.

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres