Item is-uofa-456 - S.S. Fort McMurray

Original Digital material not accessible

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

S.S. Fort McMurray

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Item

Reference code

CA UOFA uofa-952-is-uofa-456

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

Physical description area

Physical description

Black and White Prints

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

In 1913, Frederick Glen McDermid (1880 - ?) and Charles Robert Morrison (? -- 1940) established a photography and engraving business, McDermid Engraving Company at 123 Rice Street, Edmonton. Frederick served as Managing Director of the Company, but Charles continued on in his job as Editor of the Edmonton Journal. After its formation, McDermid Engraving Co. produced engraving and etching for the Edmonton Journal. In 1917 McDermid Studios bought the assets of the Byron-May Company, a photo-engraving company established in ca. 1906 by Percy Byron (1878 -- 1959) and Gustave H. May. In 1922, McDermid Engraving moved to 10133-101st Street, and the following year, McDermid Engraving became McDermid Studios Ltd. Frederick resigned as President and moved to California, USA, and Joseph Tyrell became Manager. In 1929, Charles Morrison gained control of the company, became its President and resigned from the newspaper. Charles served as President until 1940 when his daughter, Muriel, took over the company. Muriel's husband, Bert C. Hollingshead became Manager. The studio moved to 10024-101st Street, and later to 9850-112th Street. In the 1960s the company expanded its services to include offset printing. McDermid Studios continues to operate.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Postcard of H.B.C. vessel S.S. Fort McMurray.<br><br>

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital material (Master) rights area

Digital material (Reference) rights area

Digital material (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres