Print preview Close

Showing 4245 results

Archival description
Indigenous peoples
Print preview View:

3169 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Metis Wives and Children

Wives and children of the Metis threshing crew at Tom Sheehan's farm near Clairmont include Louise Webber, Mrs. Dave Capot and Mrs. Dan McLean. The babies are strapped into the traditional moss bags which took the place of diapers.

Spirit of the Peace fonds

  • CA GPR 0007
  • Fonds
  • 1899-2002

The fonds consists of copies of Spirit of the Peace newsletters; written descriptions, photographs and pamphlets collected on three tours of the Peace Country sponsored by Spirit of the Peace in 1990-1991; oral history tapes made for the Treaty 8 display and kit in 1999; and publications promoting the museums and activities of the group.

Spirit of the Peace

Lubicon Lake Indian Nation Land Claim Research collection

  • CA GPR 0023
  • Collection
  • 1987-1996

The fonds consists of letters from the Lubicon Lake Indian Nation enclosing copies of documents supporting their land claim: statements from government and Lubicon officials; letters to and from the same; supporting resolutions from other Native bands; newsclippings of articles, editorials, cartoons and reader comments which support their position. Also included are direct statements from the Lubicon Lake Indian Nation, the March 1990 report from the Human Rights Committee (sent May 10, 1990), and The Lubicon Settlement Commission of Review Final Report, issued in March of 1993.

Lubicon Lake Indian Nation

Camp at Beaverlodge River

Image shows an Indigenous peoples camp on the Beaverlodge River. Three men and a child are standing in front of three tipis. The ground is partially covered in snow. The original description said Indian camp instead of Indigenous peoples camp. The title is taken from the back of the photograph.

Grande Prairie Catholic Church

Image shows a woman on horseback, beside another horse, standing in front of the Roman Catholic Church and cemetery. The first Roman Catholic Mission to be established in the Grande Prairie District was built by Father Alac with the aid of Brother Mathias about 1909. The Catholic population at this time consisted of about 20 Cree families located around the Flying Shot Lake area. The title is taken from the caption on the back of the photograph.

At the Sports

A crowd is gathered in front of teepees and tents at the Lake Saskatoon sports, July 1, 1910.

Albert Karkonate fonds

  • CA GPR 0047
  • Fonds
  • 1942-1965

The fonds consists of: documents regarding trap-lines 1899, 4543, (snaring permit 1807) and 7219; a series of licenses and receipts from various government departments for big game licenses and trap-line renewals, 1942- 1965; letters from the departments regarding renewal licenses; a market report from the Little Bros. Fur Sales Agency in 1950; receipts for groceries and dry goods; and documents evidencing his employment as a casual laborer with the Department of Highways, 1957.

Karkonate, Albert

Field's Studio fonds

  • CA GPR 0052
  • Fonds
  • [ca. 1900-1935]

The fonds consists of four series: personal photographs of Clarence and Edith Field; glass plate negatives and portraits from the Ponoka Studio; studio portraits and town/farm snapshots from the Grande Prairie Studio; and a small series of postcards.

Field, Clarence

Results 1 to 10 of 4245